Thursday, April 10, 2014

Better Late than Never


   I'm officially (well, sort of) launching a BRAND NEW Bobcats/Hornets Blog today.  I've focused my attention in the sports realm to my favorite teams, the Carolina Panthers in the pro football (NFL), and the UNC Tar Heels in college basketball (NCAA).  Now, the Charlotte NBA franchise has finally caught my eye.  They are now above .500 for the first time in many months or years.  A couple of years ago, they set an NBA record for the lowest win total in a season.. I believe they were 7-65.   But now their record stands at 40-38.  They just beat the Washington Wizards, their coach Michael Jordan's old team, by 84-78, and vaulted past the Wizards into sixth (6th) place in the NBA East standings. They have already secured a place in the playoffs.  Chances are slim to overtake the fifth place team, the Brooklyn Nets, as they are three games ahead, with only four games to play.  But, our local team has shown us that they can finally play.  Acquisition Al Jefferson has brought a new energy to this team, which was loaded with recent college draft players.

  I'll be trying to keep touch with the Bobcats' playoff games.  The last, and only, time they made the playoffs, in 2010, they were swept in the first round.  Let's hope for a better showing this time around.  And I believe that they will have more success this year.

 NEXT POST
A Recap of the Regular Season & A Preview of Our First Round Playoff Matchup



No comments:

Post a Comment